Total Party Planner Integration: Frequently Asked Questions

Modified on Fri, 09 Sep 2022 at 07:51 AM

Here's the table of contents for a few of the most commonly asked Total Party Planner integrations questions:

1. Why can I see events in TPP and not in Nowsta?
2. Why can I see events in Nowsta and not in TPP?
3. Why does my event in the TPP feed show Positions or Uniforms Not Found?
4. Why does the information in Nowsta not match my information in TPP?
5. Why are my TPP shifts not appearing in Nowsta?
6. Why is the event name changing to a number in Nowsta?
7. Why does the shift time in TPP not line up with the shift time in Nowsta?
8. Why does the Event time in TPP not line up with the event time in Nowsta?
9. Why are admin notes in TPP are not transferring to Nowsta?
10. Why aren't my notes in TPP appearing under my Worker Instructions in Nowsta?
11. Why are my staff not transferring into Nowsta when I create their shifts?

Scroll down for the answers to the questions above.

1. Why can I see events in TPP and not in Nowsta?

There are couple of reasons why you may not see events in Nowsta but you do see them in TPP:

1. The event was not properly transferred from TPP. For directions on how to send events over from TPP, see the transferring events section.

2. The event is still loading. Sometimes, transfers from TPP can take a minute or two to appear in Nowsta. Wait 60 seconds and then try refreshing the TPP feed page to see if the event appears.

3. The event successfully transferred but was archived in Nowsta afterwards. If an event is transferred to Nowsta and then archived within Nowsta, it will not be visible from the Nowsta calendar page. If you’d like to unarchive the event, please contact Nowsta support (support@nowsta.com) and let us know the name and date of the event.

2. Why can I see events in Nowsta and not in TPP?

There are two reasons why events may appear in Nowsta but not appear in TPP:

1. The event was deleted in TPP. If an event is transferred from TPP to Nowsta and then the event is deleted from Nowsta, Nowsta will not update to reflect that the event has been deleted. 

In order for Nowsta to update, the event must be Archived within Nowsta to no longer be visible on the calendar. 

2. The event was created in Nowsta. The Nowsta-TPP integration is currently a one-way integration from TPP to Nowsta. If an event is created within Nowsta, it will not be transferred to TPP.

3. Why does my event in the TPP feed show Positions or Uniforms Not Found?

When a new or updated event is transferred to Nowsta, the event will appear at the top of the TPP feed page. It will display the event details listed in the image below, but may show [Not Found] if an item was archived in Nowsta. 

If you’d like to unarchive any items:

1. Click on the Positions or Uniform page in Nowsta

2. Press the Archived button in the upper left

3. Click the orange bin icon on the position or uniform

4. Why does the information in Nowsta not match my information in TPP?

There are two reasons that information in Nowsta does not match information in TPP:

1. Mismatch Error. Mismatch Errors happen when Nowsta isn’t sure about the desired outcome of a change request. 

For example, imagine an event is transferred to Nowsta. After it’s been transferred, a coordinator then edits a field within Nowsta (let’s say the start time of the event). If the event is then transferred to Nowsta again from TPP, the field that has been edited will remain the same and will not update to match what is in TPP.

2. The field in TPP does not transfer to Nowsta. See here for a list of how fields map between TPP and Nowsta.

5. Why are my TPP shifts not appearing in Nowsta?

There are two reasons the shifts in TPP would not appear in Nowsta:

1. The most recent event update was not transferred to Nowsta. This case is especially true when multiple teammates are updating events in TPP. For Nowsta to correctly display shifts, any update to an event must be first saved in TPP and sent to Nowsta. Please review the Transferring events from TPP to Nowsta section for more instruction on transferring the most up-to-date event details.

2. The Nowsta TPP feed page was not refreshed. If the number of shifts does not match up in Nowsta, it may be due to the TPP feed page in Nowsta not being updated. Click on the Refresh button in Nowsta’s TPP feed page each time an event with updated shift instructions is transferred to display the most up-to-date information. See more details in the Accessing the TPP feed section.

6. Why is the event name changing to a number in Nowsta?

The main cause for this issue is not inputting the event name in the Title section of TPP. If there isn’t a name in the Title section, TPP will transfer the invoice number as the event name.

7. Why does the shift time in TPP not line up with the shift time in Nowsta?

The main reason that the shift times in Nowsta does not match the shift times in TPP is:

A mismatch error has occurred. If an event is transferred from TPP and the shift time is edited within Nowsta, it will not match what is in TPP. Further, if a coordinator tries to transfer the event from TPP again, the event will not update within Nowsta.

8. Why does the Event time in TPP not line up with the event time in Nowsta?

The main reason is the Start and End time values are not being used in the Times section in TPP. Click on the Add button in the upper right hand corner to select the Start and End time values.

9. Why are admin notes in TPP are not transferring to Nowsta?

The main reason the admin notes does not transfer over is due to notes being entered and saved in another section in TPP. In TPP, click on the Info section and scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the Administrative Notes (informational only) section.

10. Why aren't my notes in TPP appearing under my Worker Instructions in Nowsta?

The main reason the worker instructions are not transferring over is due to notes being entered and saved in another section in TPP. In TPP, click on the Staff section and scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the Internal Staffing Note for the Event Worksheet section.

11. Why are my staff not transferring into Nowsta when I create their shifts?

The Nowsta-TPP integration is currently a one-way integration from TPP to Nowsta that does not support transferring of staff. For this to work, staff names would have to match in both applications to transfer over successfully and information from Nowsta would have to transfer back into TPP.

We’re always available to help! Please reach out to support@nowsta.com with any questions.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article