Nowsta uses an integration with Google Calendar to push live updates for confirmed shifts from your Nowsta account to your Google Calendar account.
If you don't currently use Google Calendar, you'll still need to make an account in order to connect it with your calendar of choice.
Please also keep in mind that deleting an event from Google Calendar will not affect your status in Nowsta in any way, so you'll still need to reach out to your manager if you are unable to work.
How does Google Calendar sync work?
You'll need a Google account to get started. If you're already using Gmail for your email, you can use that username and log-in. Otherwise, you can create new Google account here.
Let's get down to the nitty gritty.
- New events, time changes, notes from your coordinator, venue info, uniform changes, and cancelled events all update automatically.
- Availability entries and job requests will not appear in your Google Calendar.
- If you can no longer work your shift, please contact your manager. Deleting or declining a calendar event in Google Calendar will not affect your status of working a Nowsta event in any way.
How do I set up the integration?
- Log in to your Nowsta Workers App and navigate to the tab in the lower right corner entitled More.
- Scroll down to click Google Calendar Sync and then select Connect Google Calendar to get started.
This video displays the steps to set up the integration.
You can disconnect your Google Calendar from Nowsta at any time from the More tab of your app.
What if I don't use Google Calendar?
You can still take advantage of the integration, even if you rely on Outlook or Apple iCal to manage your calendar.
First, create a Google account and follow the above steps to sync it with your Nowsta account.
From there, it's easy to connect your Google Calendar with Outlook or Apple iCal.
- Here is a helpful article on how to sync your Google Calendar with Outlook.
- Here is a helpful article on how to sync your Google Calendar with an Apple iCal.
How do I get help with calendar sync?
If you need help setting up or troubleshooting calendar sync, please contact the maker of the calendar app or service that you’re using. Our Customer Support team cannot provide support for third-party software.